Any firearm is only an instrument. It contains
no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent,
competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and
all actions taken with it.
- Socially and morally legitimate uses for the
- Sport: (Hunting...)
- Recreation: (Competitive, and target
- Defensive purposes: (Self defense, and
pursuant to the concepts embodied in the Second Amendment to the
Constitution of the United States)
- The right to self defense is one of
the inalienable God-given rights, while the Second Amendment
is a right granted by the Constitution to preserve freedom.
Both are individual rights as well as
responsibilities which can never be delegated.
- If the firearm is chosen for defense,
it should never be the sole source of any defensive strategy.
It should represent the last resort in a comprehensive
defensive plan that at least uses prevention as its first
- A firearm is never to be used to
perpetrate unprovoked aggression.
- Therefore; from the moment I chose to handle a
firearm, it is I who am ultimately responsible for the
consequences of any actions that may follow from the use of the
- Therefore; it is my intent that
determines its use.
- Therefore; it is my character that
determines the intent for which the firearm is used.
- Therefore; it is my competence that
determines the accuracy of the firearm's use.